When your child is struggling it can feel overwhelming. Balancing the responsibilities of your family with work and transportation can add even more stress. When your child also struggles at school, it can be ideal to get help right there, where the challenges occur. Child Guidance can help with these emotional and behavioral difficulties.
WHAT ARE SCHOOL-BASED COUNSELING SERVICES?
One to one, confidential, individual or family counseling with a master’s level therapist offered right in your child’s school, during the school day. Our experienced therapists use a variety of clinically based interventions such as: talk, play, art, family meetings, and other strategies to support your child and you in reaching agreed-upon goals.
- No challenges with transportation- your child will receive support right at school.
- Family sessions can be conveniently scheduled as well.
- We provide consistent collaboration with school staff and teachers.
- Your child will be a client of Child Guidance Resource Centers and can easily gain access to any of our many clinical services.
HOW CAN I MAKE A REFERRAL?
Getting started with school-based counseling services is easy. Parents, caregivers, or school staff can start the referral process by speaking with any member of the school’s guidance staff. The guidance counselors will help the family complete our simple, confidential referral form. We verify the child’s insurance information and then call the caregivers to schedule the child’s first session at school.
WHERE CAN I FIND THESE SERVICES?
Berks and Chester Counties
- Twin Valley School District: Robeson Elementary, Honey Brook Elementary, Twin Valley Elementary, Twin Valley Middle, Twin Valley High
- Owen J. Roberts School District: North Coventry Elementary, East Coventry Elementary, East Vincent Elementary, West Vincent Elementary, French Creek Elementary, Owen J. Roberts Middle, Owen J. Roberts High
- Coatesville Area School District: Rainbow Elementary, Friendship Elementary, Kings Highway Elementary, Reeceville Elementary, East Fallowfield Elementary, Scott Middle, North Brandywine Middle, South Brandywine Middle, Coatesville Area Intermediate High, Coatesville Area Senior High
- Upper Darby School District: Hillcrest Elementary, Stonehurst Elementary, Upper Darby High
- William Penn School District: Walnut Elementary, Penn Wood Middle
- Southeast Delco School District: Academy Park High
- Norristown Area School District: Norristown High