Integrating mental healthcare within school and other community services leads to powerful outcomes. We offer school-based outpatient services within a variety of school districts. Our expert therapists work with students, teachers, parents, and administrators to provide caring mental health support and increase a holistic understanding of students and families needs so they can thrive both in school and at home.
What are school-based services?
We provide one to one, confidential, individual or family counseling with a master’s level therapist offered right in your child’s school, during the school day. Our experienced therapists use a variety of clinically based interventions such as: talk, play, art, family meetings, and other strategies to support your child in reaching agreed-upon goals.
Providing therapeutic support in school has a multitude of benefits:
- No challenges with transportation- your child will receive support right at school!
- Family sessions can be conveniently scheduled.
- We provide consistent collaboration with staff and teachers.
- Your child will be a client of Child Guidance Resource Centers and can easily gain access to any of our many clinical services.
How can I start?
Getting started with school-based counseling services is easy. Parents, caregivers, or school staff can start the referral process by speaking with any member of the school’s guidance staff. The guidance counselors will help the family complete our simple, confidential referral form. We verify the child’s insurance information and then call the caregivers to schedule the child’s first session at school.
Can my school receive school-based services?
Yes! We create custom service proposals and plans based on each school/s needs. Please contact us to learn more and get started.
Where do you currently provide school-based counseling?
Berks and Chester Counties
- Twin Valley School District:
- Robeson Elementary,
- Honey Brook Elementary, Twin Valley Elementary, Twin Valley Middle, Twin Valley High
- Owen J. Roberts School District: North Coventry Elementary, East Coventry Elementary, East Vincent Elementary, West Vincent Elementary, French Creek Elementary, Owen J. Roberts Middle, Owen J. Roberts High
- Coatesville Area School District: Rainbow Elementary, Friendship Elementary, Kings Highway Elementary, Reeceville Elementary, East Fallowfield Elementary, Scott Middle, North Brandywine Middle, South Brandywine Middle, Coatesville Area Intermediate High, Coatesville Area Senior High
- Upper Darby School District: Hillcrest Elementary, Stonehurst Elementary, Upper Darby High
- William Penn School District: Walnut Elementary, Penn Wood Middle
- Southeast Delco School District: Academy Park High
- Norristown Area School District: Norristown High
Contact us at 484-454-8700 or email us at email@example.com